Valentine's Day was last week! I've been meaning to post about it since BEFORE the actual holiday because that's when we did most of our celebrating. Marty scored free tickets to the Pacific Northwest Ballet's dress rehearsal of "Cinderella." Ballet is not my favorite thing in the world, but I absolutely love dance and theatre in general, so it still gets me excited. When I got downtown to pick up Marty, he surprised me with a THREE POUND box of chocolates!!! Yeah, see the picture?
There were two trays completely full of delicious chocolate. He actually got it for free from one of the residents at his condos, but that just makes the deal even sweeter. (Pun intended. Yes, I am funny.) On the actual day of Valentine's Day, we camped out at home to avoid the crowds. Actually, I guess we went to Albertson's. It was deserted. So romantic, huh? :-) We chose to go to dinner on the Saturday after Valentine's. It was Italian food and there was no wait. That's what I call romantic.
Anyway, since we're talking about Valentine's Day, I also wanted to brag a little. While we were in St. George with Marty's parents for Christmas, his mom helped me to create a Valentine's Day decoration. It's a gourd that I burned, dremeled, and stained. She does gourds ten times more beautiful than this all the time, and I was so excited to learn how to do it from a true master. And I think it turned out pretty good.
I love it so much that I might leave this Valentine's Day decoration up way beyond February. It works for St. Patrick's Day, right?
1 comment:
Leyah that gourd is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it. What a fun decoration to have. It makes me want to have a fun Valentine Gourd!!! I may have to put an order in ha ha ha. Sounds like your V-Day was filled with lots of fun suprises and great deals...i love great deals!! Keep up the blogging...i love seeing whats happening on the upper West Coast!!
Post a Comment