Our McFamily

Our McFamily

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Big Shoes To Fill

Lately, Damian absolutely loves shoes.  In fact, he was sitting on my lap when I started typing this, but he just walked away saying, "Shoe?  Shoe?"  He likes his own shoes just fine, but he's been having fun trying on other people's shoes lately.  In fact, I just heard Marty say, "No, those are Mommy and Daddy's shoes.  Let's go find your shoes."  This whole thing started out okay, trying on Daddy's shoes.  That's normal, wanting to be a big man like Daddy, right?


Then, he moved on to Mommy's shoes.  But they look like they could be guy shoes, so we didn't worry about it.


But then he moved on to Mommy's more feminine shoes.  And I must say, I think he walks in them better than I do.


Up until this point, we chalked it up to curiosity, or wanting to be like Mommy and Daddy.  However, a little later in the day...


I know it's kind of hard to see in this picture, but these shoes belong to his little friend Abby.  They are pink with high heels.  And this is one of several poses that he did for me, and this is probably the least girly of them all (but somehow those ones didn't make it onto my camera).  And then, when it was time to go home, he put these shoes on again and totally intended to walk out the door with them.  Under no circumstances would he trade for his own boy shoes.  Now, I have to wonder, was it a mistake to get him a doll for his birthday last year?  This year, we'll get him a nice manly football.  :-)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Abby was upset all day about Damian almost taking her shoes. She found her shoes in the evening and told me they were her shoes not Damian's.

Hansen's Fantastic Five! said...

What a cute little boy! Love that he love shoes!! He's my kind of man...except he can't love those girlie ones!!

Mariebee said...

This kids shoe fetish is crackin me up guys. Miss you guys and excited to see ya in June!