Our McFamily

Our McFamily

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Decking the Halls... 2 Weeks Ago

I was doing so great blogging regularly back in November.  Then, for a while, I was waiting for something interesting to happen so I had something to post.  But then the holidays hit.  So I have a few things that I meant to blog earlier, but today is when I'm getting to it.  So here is the first of my catch-ups: decorating for Christmas!

We decided to buy an artificial tree this year.  Fresh tree every year = $40 per year.  Artificial tree = $80 one time.  So, as long as we use it twice, we haven't lost any money.  And I think we'll get our money's worth.  It was a lot of work to fluff the stupid thing (ask Marty about his ornery wife during the whole ordeal), but I love saving money.  Here's Damian helping to trim the half-put-together tree.


As we were pulling out decorations, we found a wreath and Marty thought it would be funny to put it around Damian's neck like a necklace.  Or a race horse.  But the kid totally freaked out.  Here he is tip-toeing around the horrifying wreath after the traumatizing experience.


The poor thing is gritting his teeth and everything.  :-)  Anyway, it took a full week to finish getting the tree put together and decorated, but it's always worth it.  About a week after that, we finally put up our little 4-foot tree, aka, Damian's tree.  Here he is carefully hanging his ornaments. 


He's loved rearranging the ornaments and, um, plugging in the lights every morning.  It kind of scares me that he understands electricity like that, but at least he's putting a plug in the outlet instead of a fork. 

No comments: