Our McFamily

Our McFamily

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

So. It's been over a year since the last time I blogged. I've decided to try it again. Hopefully this time, there will be more than one post per year. We shall see.

For Halloween this year, we had a costume party to go to and I had a new sewing machine. Put 2 and 2 together, and I decided to go all-out making our costumes. We decided, after much deliberation, to do a Toy Story gang: Damian as Buzz, Marty as Woody, and me as Jessie. It turned out to be pretty cheap to buy the Buzz costume, so my mission was to create the two cowboy costumes. Here is what the three look like in the movie:
And here is how ours turned out:


I sewed my chaps, Marty's vest, and the yellow parts of my shirt. We spray painted my hat and stitched red yarn into it for my hair, but we didn't get a picture of that part. :-( We used existing shirts, but we got to draw the lines on Marty's. And yes, Marty is wearing my Uggs. :-)

I keep trying to decide if this was really worth all the effort. It was fun, up until about midnight on the 29th with lots left to do in less than 24 hours. I mean, we only wore them for maybe 5 hours. We'll just call it practice for when my kid demands some obscure costume that can't be bought. Plus, I found out how dearly I love my new sewing machine. We look like we had fun too, right? :-)


2 comments:

Debbie said...

Yeah! I'm so glad for a post. Keep it up.

Sarah said...

I was shocked to see an update from you! YAY! ha ha. LOVE the costumes, you did an awesome awesome job!